DCTFC is embarking on our Spring 2019 membership drive to get more stakeholders to join in. We need YOUR help.
Letter from Coalition Chair
Dear DC Tobacco Free Coalition Member,
Thank you for your contributions to the coalition. Together we've achieved some amazing accomplishments.
* DC has comprehensive smokefree air laws to protect non-smokers from second-hand smoke.
* We have the highest tobacco tax rate in the country at $4.50 per pack.
* Most recently, with your help, DC passed Tobacco 21 which prohibits sales to anyone under age 21.
However, the work is not done. DCTFC seeks to become a global leader in tobacco control. To reach this goal, we need more great volunteers like you.
DCTFC is embarking on a membership drive to get more stakeholders to join in. We need YOUR help. We're asking each member to recruit at least two people to join the coalition. We created a membership action kit available to download using the links on this page. The kit contains resources to make it easy for you to reach out to potential new members. Here are a few ideas for how to use the action kit.
1. Personalize the email template and send to members of your network.
2. Discuss some of your favorite talking points with friends, colleagues, and co-workers.
3. SAVE THE DATE and invite a friend to the next full coalition meeting on March 14th from 10:00 am - noon.
4. Share copies of the new DCTFC brochure.
5. Connect with us on social media using #DCTFC.
We're looking forward to great things to come. Help us continue to build a strong, vibrant coalition by growing our membership with more passionate members like you.
Carla D. Williams, Ph.D.
2019 DCTFC Chair